This privacy notice explains how we collect, manage and protect your personal data at Planmeca. This privacy notice is addressed to healthcare professionals and other contact persons of our prospective, existing, and former clients.
This privacy notice describes how Planmeca processes personal data when acting as a data controller.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
In the course of our business, we collect and process the personal data of our customers and other healthcare professionals with whom we have a business relationship. We also process the personal data of our potential customers, e.g. when healthcare professionals attend our events or trainings.
We use this information for customer relationship management and other purposes connected with our services. These purposes depend on the capacity in which you interact with us.
The main purposes for collecting and processing personal data at Planmeca are:
- Providing services and products to our customers and meeting customer expectations
- Communicating with our current and prospective customers via e.g. newsletters, customer feedback surveys, and events
- Developing a professional relationship with healthcare professionals; seeking potential customers and developing a customer relationship
- Promoting the innovation of Planmeca products and services
- Administrative purposes such as planning and developing Planmeca business operations
We only process personal data if we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis depends on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we process it.
This means that we collect and process personal data:
- For the performance of a contract when you have made an agreement with us or with a Planmeca distributor, or are considering to do so
- When we have a legitimate interest such as a business or commercial reason to process personal data; these reasons might include e.g. the management and development of customer relationship or business operations as the legitimate interest of Planmeca
- For compliance with our legal or statutory obligations
- When you have given us your prior consent to process your personal data
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
The data we process will depend on the nature of our relationship with you. We typically process categories of personal data such as:
- General contact and other information such as your name, e-mail, and other contact details
- Company information and information on the function and title of contact persons of our clients
- Data related to the customer relationship and contractual relationship, such as information related to our services, products and orders, and information related to transactions
- Data related to customer interaction, e.g. customer contacts and demo requests via our website or data related to events and trainings organised by Planmeca
This data might be directly provided by you, or it might be collected from our distributors, or other third parties. The data we collect from you comes from a variety of sources, such as when you contact us, purchase our products or services, or take part in our events.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil purposes described in this Privacy Notice and to comply with mandatory legislation (e.g. accounting requirements). As a general rule, we process relevant personal data for the duration of the customer relationship and for a set period after the relationship ends.
We aim to make sure that personal data we process is up to date and correct. In some circumstances we may anonymise personal data for e.g. statistical purposes.
DATA TRANSFERS AND PROCESSING OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
We are a global company and due to technical and operational requirements we might process personal data outside the EU and/or the European Economic Area. If we transfer data outside the EU/EEA, the transfer will be carried out in accordance with appropriate transfer mechanisms such as standard contractual clauses.
We may share personal data within our group companies and regional suppliers. In some cases, we may also share personal data with appropriate and authorised recipients e.g. our distributors, suppliers or other third parties when providing services for you. We may also transfer personal data to our subcontractors that process data on our behalf for e.g. IT development, hosting and support. We may also share your information with government authorities if required to do so by a legal or statutory requirement.
SECURITY OF PROCESSING
We use appropriate security measures to keep personal data confidential and safe. We take continuous efforts to safeguard personal data processed by us. Personal data is only processed in operating environments that use adequate security measures, and we employ a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect the integrity and security of all data processed by us. Only selected Planmeca employees have access to personal data of customers, and the access is on a strict 'need-to-know' basis. We require all employees who have access to any customer data to handle it strictly confidential.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
In accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, you may have the right to:
— Request access to the personal data we hold about you,
— Request that we rectify any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you
— Withdraw your consent at any time if the processing of personal data is based on consent
— In some circumstances, to request the transfer of your personal data to another party
— In some circumstances, to request erasure or restriction of processing or to object to processing. You might also have the right to object to the use of personal data for marketing purposes
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at
Planmeca Data Protection Officer
You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority if you’re unhappy with our data protection practices.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
If you have questions about data protection at Planmeca or if you need any further information, please contact us at:
Planmeca Data Protection Officer
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice when necessary to reflect changes to our data protection practices. This notice was updated on 11 October 2018.